Visit www.eesrilanka.wordpress.com for the elaborations!
‘What is the geopolitical agenda here? Evidently, both Myanmar and Thailand can provide an access route for China to the Indian Ocean bypassing Malacca States in Singapore, which is a western outpost in southeast Asia. (Ironically, Singapore, a police state basically, is towering high as the most vociferous ASEAN country to clamour for western democracy in Myanmar!)’ – MK Bhadrakumar
• ‘On December 17, 2009, a few days after Obama returned from the Oslo ceremony where he proudly accepted the Nobel Peace Prize, Obama used cluster bombs to murder dozens of women and children in a failed attempt to hit members of “al Qaida in Yemen (AQY)”… Obama thus escalated the War on Terror, taking it to Yemen. Here is ABC’s Brian Ross boasting about Obama’s attack: youtube.com/watch?v=bHcg3TNSRPs’
• ‘Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper famously said Russians were “almost genetically given to co-opt, penetrate, gain favor…” The Russiagate fraud has made them an acceptable target for the foreseeable future. But China looms large as the biggest target of white supremacist bias. Their crime is daring to have successfully remained a socialist state which has survived for more than 70 years and to be on the verge of surpassing the US economically.
• ‘Iraq’s oil wealth had been the focus of US policy, even before WWI. Huge oil deposits were found in the Mosul area in 1927. The Iraqi Petroleum Co, comprising British Petroleum (then Anglo-Iranian), Shell, Mobil and Exxon (then Standard Oil of New Jersey), had enjoyed complete monopoly. They divided the spoils of Iraqi oil among the US, Britain, France and Holland, 23.75% each, while the remaining 5% went to oil baron Caloste Gulbenkin who negotiated the deal. Deprived of their own wealth, the Iraqis revolted. They were ruthlessly suppressed with Britain carrying out gas attacks from warplanes for the first time in history. Poison gas was released over Sulaimaniya.
• ‘In 2017, a journalist posed the same question to then-President Donald Trump asking about Putin being a “killer”. Trump diplomatically responded, “There are a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent?”’
• ‘GSK fined US$3billion in 2012 by US regulators for fraud – yes fraud, overcharging and making false claims about medicines. In 2016 UK regulators fined GSK £37.6million for paying bribes to generics manufacturers not to produce cheap drugs for the NHS…Defrauding the NHS. That is the moral level we are looking at here.’ – Craig Murray