e-Con-e-News offers insights you won’t find in the mainstream media. Check it out: www.eesrilanka.wordpress.com.
• ‘The Bus lobby and the Lorry lobby may try to obstruct the development of the railway network since it will be financially negative to them but, if done it will save space, environment and precious time of the people.”
• “The 1881 colonial census listed 71 ‘races’ in Ceylon, including Chaldeans, Circasssians, Kelts etc!…’
• “The derivatives that blew up Wall St during the financial crisis of 2007-10 have reached massive heights once again”
• ‘“Before the lockdowns, there was anything between 10-20% of firms in the US and Europe that were barely making enough profit to cover running costs and debt servicing. These so-called ‘zombie’ firms may find the COVID winter is the last nail in their coffins.” I think 2021 will show that to be the case.’
• “Reports announcing the death of global US hegemony were – and continue to be – grossly exaggerated.”
• ‘In the 1920s, the Rockefeller Foundation made moves into China… “Rockefeller had always had a particular interest in China, where Standard Oil was almost the sole supplier of kerosene and oil ‘for the lamps of China’. So he put money to establish the China Medical Board and to build the Peking Union Medical College, playing the role of the Great White Father who has come to dispense knowledge on his lowly children. The Rockefeller Foundation invested up to $45mn into “westernizing” (actually corrupting) Chinese medicine.”
• In Aug 1940, Billie Holliday agreed to do another song by Lewis Allan (Abel Meeropol, pseudonym of son of the Rosenbergs, the US later murdered as Soviet agents), who wrote “Strange Fruit”. Titled “Over Here: the Yanks Aren’t Coming,” the song was a parody of Irving Berlin’s popular hit “Over There: the Yanks Are Coming,” written for US troops during WWI….In the fall of 1940, the FBI approached Ralph Watkins, owner of Kelly’s Stables, where Holiday was performing at the time. The agents told Watkins to stop Holiday from singing the song… But the matter did not end there; because of Holiday’s perceived left-wing tendencies, the FBI started a file: “#4855389-Billie Holiday: Singer.”
• ‘Make trouble, fail, make trouble again, fail again… till their doom; that is the logic of the imperialists and all reactionaries the world over in dealing with the people’s cause, and they will never go against this logic. This is a Marxist law. When we say “imperialism is ferocious”, we mean that its nature will never change, that the imperialists will never lay down their butcher knives, that they will never become Buddhas, till their doom. Fight, fail, fight again, fail again, fight again… till their victory; that is the logic of the people, and they too will never go against this logic. This is another Marxist law. The Russian people’s revolution followed this law, and so has the Chinese people’s revolution” – Chairman Mao Zedong, “Cast Away Illusions, Prepare for Struggle”, 1949.